Yoga can benefit seniors.
I was watching a program the other day of a yoga teacher training in a seniors care home. Most were in wheel chairs, some were standing, all looked like they were enjoying it.
Many seniors may struggle with pain, imbalance, and other physical limitations. I could see how incorporating yoga into your daily routine would help. This made me thing about going out and finding something that will help you to start a yoga program.
Lilias! am & Pm Yoga Workouts for Seniors DVD
This specially designed program brings the immediate and lasting benefits of yoga to senior adults. Lilias Folan, yoga instructor and longtime host of the PBS program “Lilias, Yoga and You,” leads this pairing of gentle yoga routines. She demonstrates how yoga can unlock your personal energy, teach you to listen to your body, and find your inner wisdom. Her encouragement and motivating nature will inspire you to use yoga to enhance health, joy and delight in your life.
A.M. Yoga Workout
- liberates your natural energy
- builds strength and confidence
- improves circulation and range of motion in joints
- maintains a strong back
- breathing techniques to build energy and clear the mind
- prepares you for the day with flexibility and vitality
P.M. Yoga Workout
- soothes and strengthens your back
- calms nerves
- uplifts your mood
- releases stress burrowing in the jaw, neck, shoulders & back
- dissipates headaches
- stretches the entire body
- maintains healthy knees & joints
- eases you off to sleep
It’s never too late to start yoga. You can do it at your own pace. In time you will notice improvements and actually look forward to your yoga training. As with any new exercise routine you should check with your doctor first.